Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

2014 is going to be good! We are once again in an even year and that just puts something inside of me at peace. :-)

2013 was pretty darn great, here were my highlights:

Our Family Vacation to Branson- I got to spend time with Kelly and the kids and we just made really great memories! Daryl wants to see Mountains this year and since this is not an unreasonable request we will try to comply.

In this photo we were on a cave tour and everyone was very impressed. This is when Daryl said rather loudly "It's just a bunch of rocks." :-)









The boys joint birthday party- We had family and friends celebrate Daryl turning 5 and Alex turning 1 at a local indoor gym. The boys had so much fun playing with their cousins and friends it was a perfect day. I plan to have their birthday party as a joint venture for as long as they will let me. It makes for a great day!



Training for and Running my first half marathon- The biggest accomplishment wasn't running the 13.1 miles. It was sticking to my training plan all summer and finishing what I started. I plan to run more this year because the runners high is just so awesome after a long distance run!





       Turning our house into a home- Planting flowers, fixing the backyard and painting. It is the little things that makes our roof and four walls a home. I'm thankful that Kelly and I found it and were able to buy it in 2012!




I went back to last year's first of the year post to see how good I did on my New Year goals. Turns out I didn't make any! So for the sake of tradition here are some goals this year. :)
Crafty Goals:
Knit four sweaters this year, more specifically Que Sera, Striped Yoke Cardi, Harvest Moon and Olive
Finish my T-Shirt Quilt I started in 2005
Finish my France scrapbook I also started in 2005!

Fitness Goals:
Be Fast, more specifically PR my 5K time 26:42, 10K time 58:11 and 1/2 time 2:07:45.

Money Goal:
Pay Off My School Loan and start on Kelly's School Loan
Be True to the Budget!

That sounds challenging but doable so I shall stop. Happy New  Year everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment