Thursday, June 30, 2022

Happy Birthday Grandma and Goal Update!

 Yesterday was Grandma Rosie's birthday! We put off her birthday dinner to today so we got to celebrate for two days. Tonight the boys and I took mom to dinner and gave her a present. The barely even fought so it was a nice evening! 

I am so lucky to have mom with me for a part of the year and I treasure it. She helps me more than she knows! I have also enjoyed her being my travel buddy, she is the calm to my panic and the extra set of eyes when we travel with the boys. She can ALMOST back a car into a parking space too, LOL. Love you mom! 

It is also the last day of the month, so let's see how it went. 

Read 21 Books: 11 /21

Got through two books this month and halfway through another.  

The first book I read was a romance novel Cliff's Edge by Meg Tilly. It was predictable but entertaining. It was good to read while I was traveling for work. Sometimes a romance novel with a smidge of smut is ok. LOL 

The second book I read this month I got from the library and it was non fiction that I loved. Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb. Lori is a therapist and she talks about her journey going through therapy herself. She also talks about the journey some of her clients take with her. It is real, relatable and one of those books I wish I would have read years ago. Filled with so many gems I took some pictures of some of the better ones! Would recommend. 

Run 720 Miles: 400/720

I ran 66 miles this month. That included some nice long runs and I had at least one week of cooler weather. It was glorious! I'm still training for a half in August. I need to be careful to go slow, my hip is starting to resist again. Ugh. 

Money Goals: Made a healthy principle only payment on the mortg. this month. I want to pay down 5K in principle for the year and so far I've paid down 2,750. So I'm right on track! 

Add 2K to Savings, Done Feb 2022 

Pay Mortg. principle down 5K

New Living Room Furniture (Home), Done Feb 2022

Replace Some Windows (Home) 

Replace Window Blinds (Home) 

Create Backyard Oasis (Home) 

Trips: 2/3

Plans are starting to be made for trip number 3....very exciting!!! 

Days I hit all of my Daily Habits: 19,

Finished the month strong after a slow start. In July I hope to make 20 days! 






No comments:

Post a Comment