Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Happy 4th of July

 You know it was a good day when you only have a few pictures. The boys worked really hard to earn fireworks money. Alex got $5 a hour to work on his diamond painting for 4-H. Before you judge, this was money I had set aside for his fireworks anyway....LOL 

Daryl mowed for me and his dad to get his money. I kind of like this trend of handing over money in exchange for something I want...hmmmm

Once fireworks were secured we were ready to start our 4th of July day. We kicked it off watching the Potwin Parade. One of my favorite parts is watching the T-High drumline perform in Potwin after the Parade. Then we had our traditional shrimp boil with our friends, some daytime fireworks were also enjoyed! 

New this year Daryl scored our family an invite to his friend's pool party! That was so much fun and a great way to cool off for Daryl and Alex after being outside all morning. 

We ended the day watching the whole neighborhood do fireworks at Auburndale park. Am I getting old or are fireworks getting louder?! The boys got their exercise doing their fireworks at the park with everyone else. At 11pm we all finally tucked in, and if fireworks were still going off, I didn't hear them! 

Thank you to all our friends and family that let us be a part of their day, 4th of July is only a favorite holiday because I get to see a lot of our favorite people!! 




Grandma thought it would be cool if 
we tie dyed our own shirts. She was right! 


No comments:

Post a Comment