Sunday, August 1, 2021

July Goal Update

July was a big work month and a big goals month! I worked on every single one of my goals in July. I'm a little disappointed with my monthly runs but I can still achieve my yearly goal, so I'm trying to look on the bright side. Alex and Daryl both finished a book in July too! Daryl has read 5 books so far and Alex has read 6! Their yearly goal is 12 and I believe in them. 

Read 20 Books: 12/20  

Two books down this month! 

Water for Elephants by Gruen. At the end of June mom and I went to the Round Table Bookstore in NOTO and I had fun going through their used books section. I know that this book had been made a movie but I hadn't seen it. The back cover sounded interesting and the book grabbed me from chapter one and didn't let go. A love story, family pain, feeling forgotten and a circus. What more could you ask from a book. If you haven't read this one I recommend highly. I have three more books to get through from that shopping trip ;-) 

My Own Words by Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Since the passing of RBG I have had this book on my library waiting list. My turn finally came and it took me TWO Months to get through this book. I thought it would be an autobiography (the book was written while she was still on the Supreme Court) but it was a collection of her speeches, bench readings, lectures and famous dissents. It even had some high school newspaper articles that she had written. No doubt RBG is amazing and a hero for women's rights, but this book was full of legal jargon and talked about a lot of court cases I was not familiar with. I didn't give up but I do need to find a book written about her, not by her. ;-)  

Run 800 miles: 478/800

My new PW (Personal Worst) for monthly miles was July. I did something to my right hip and I didn't have one run without pain this month. I only added 41 miles this month. I have a half at the end of August. I don't really know how that is going to work out. Stay tuned.... 

Money Goals: We have been enjoying our new shower all month! It was an excellent upgrade to our home. I'm also loving my new faucet in my bathroom. I have hot water again! 

  • Pay Off my Car - Done March
  • Replace my Car's Windshield-Done Jan. 
  • New Fridge
  • Fix Stairs
  • Install a shower in hall bathroom and fix the sink in my bathroom Done July! 
  • Add $2,000 to savings 
  • Replace some windows
Knit four new things: 1/4

Almost finished my second project this month. Only have one sleeve to go! 

This month was even more special because our South Dakota
cousins came for a visit! 

Alex tackling that reading goal!
This one took me some time. But I did learn a lot about RBG.

Only one sleeve and blocking to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment