Wednesday, September 30, 2020

September Goal Update

Meerpohl Manor is cruising out of September right on track. It's the last day of the month and we even have $24 left in our eating out envelope. Does that mean I get some fancy coffee this week?? I might just put it away for the giant pretzel I'm planning to eat on Sunday. This is adulthood kids, I'm four days away from eating a giant pretzel and that will get me through this week. 😂  

Remember my last post when I begged for a school routine? Word on the street is the middle school is changing next week. Not even a full week before we started this new schedule. The universe is testing me, I'm trying here! 

The boys are doing really well with all of the bouncing around, it's really just mom that is struggling. But that's ok, fancy coffee and giant pretzel here I come to self medicate! 

2020 Goals 


Read 12 Books: DONE SEPT.  2020 12/12 

So I did a silly thing last month and I forgot that I did finish a book. So with the two books I finished this month this goal is toast! With three months left to go that means this one needs to be bumped for 2021. 

Born A Crime by Trevor Noah, This is the book I finished in August and it was great. It is about growing up in South Africa and not being black and not being white in a country where those are the only two races. Because it is Trevor Noah he finds the funny in all things, but he grew up in a world that was not that funny. It also talks a lot about his mom and she is a force. If you can get your hands on this book, read it. 

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green, Jaime lent me this book and it is one of those that grabs you and doesn't let go. It is Sci Fi in the lightest sense of the genre. You almost forget it is Sci Fi then 3/4 of the way through the book you think dang, the major character is an alien robot. Ok, Sci Fi book, you got me,  I'm still hooked. :-) Very much enjoyed this one and am waiting for her to finish the next book in the series so I can read it and resolve the cliff hanger!!!

American Dirt  by Jeanine Cummins This is another one of those books that introduces me to a life I don't consider that often. What is it like being an immigrant from Central America or Mexico and deciding to flee north to the United States. The decision doesn't come easy and you are just as likely to die as you are to make it to the border. This fiction tale will also make you realize death may not even be the worst thing that can happen to you. It will make you feel, think and hopefully consider how lucky you are just because of where you were born. So much of our future is determined by nothing more than the zip code we were born in, not by our goodness or any potential we might have as people. Let that sink in a little......
 

Knit 4 Things (and no new yarn!): 3/4

Might make a fourth hat, might make some mittens, might be looking at cowl patterns right now. My last project for the year could be anything, well except for a vest. I'm not finishing that damn vest. 


Make 2 Quilts :DONE May 2020
I am going to re commit to the towel quilt I started a few months ago. If it gets too cold to be outside, that is the perfect time to sew. I have two strips of six sewn together. So at the very min. I need to have three strips done my next month's update. 

 
Run 600 Miles: 512

I got  75 miles this month! Started the month off strong with my first half marathon in a year. Had a most excellent time of 2:10! Got so pumped I signed up for another half in November. All was good until this week, I'm running in 45 degree weather. Ummmmm that's not fun. I only have to tough it out for October and then I can hang up the running shoes for the winter. Brrrrrr

Save 2,000 Dollars: DONE April 2020 
I didn't put anything is savings this month and I had to pull a little out to have my tree removed from my driveway. That was all planned and my savings is still in great shape! 


5 House ProjectsBye Bye tree that blocked half of my driveway. I'm not sad to see you go. Your friend the pampas grass will be joining you soon on the burn pile. So glad to have this done! 

Put in a ceiling light in living room:  Done May 
Put in a ceiling light in my bedroom office
Get a new stove: Done Feb
Remove a scraggly tree Done September 
Plant two new trees 


Didn't run as much as I did last month, but I got faster! 

I do have a garage, you just can't see it. 


Alex likes to use my hair dyer. I'm not complaining. 
Wonder if he could use the curling iron.....









No comments:

Post a Comment