Monday, September 30, 2019

Sept. Goal Recap

I can't believe there are only three months left in 2019. Whew! One of the reasons I have been doing monthly recaps is to keep myself accountable. It has really worked! All my goals are well in sight of completion. I HAVE EVEN RUN ALL MY MILES FOR THE YEAR! I won't stop running now, my half marathon is this month. I will have to set a more challenging running goal for 2020. Here is where I stand for the end of September.

2019 Goals 

Read 10 Books: 9

I didn't plan on reading a book this month with all the reading I'm doing for a class. But Topeka has the best library and their community read this year was "Grandma Gatewood's Walk" by Ben Montgomery. I read a couple of pages in the library and I was hooked. It is the true story of the first woman to walk the entire 2,000+ miles of the Appalachian Trail at once. When she did it she was 67! The book was very inspiring and with what Grandma Gatewood lived through raising her 11 children this walk was an escape for her. Challenging but not scary. Ugh, So good, if you need some inspiration, read this one.

The icing on the cake was the library brought the author in on Sept. 29th to talk about the book and getting to know Grandma Gatewood, who died 5 years before he was born. He said he still fell in love with her. It was a delightful insight into a book that I thoroughly enjoyed.  

Knit 4 Things (and no new yarn!): 3

I cast on a hat, just for me from some yarn I bought at Dallas Fiber and Wool in 2018. The yarn came from "A Thing for String." I love my one Barley hat I've knit by Tincan knits. So I'm knitting this luscious sock yarn into a Barley Light hat.

Run 400 Miles: 412!!!

I ran 77 miles in September. That's my most in one month by 20 miles!  This took me over my yearly goal of 400 miles. I don't plan to stop running just because I've reached my goal. I will figure out how to stay motivated to get out of bed in the morning after my race mid October. I'm less than a month away from 13.1 miles. yikes !

Five House Projects:
Next project is basement windows. And now I'm starting to think about painting.....
Stairs (Completed: 0/00 )
Porch (Completed: 5/22/19 )
Dishwasher (Completed: 2/23 )
Water Heater (Completed: 2/15 )
Refinish Door (Completed: 6/22)

On Saturday, Alex and I went to Going Bonkers while Dad and Daryl went to a Rodeo. 

How you dress for a rodeo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment