Saturday, September 28, 2019

My Little Goober!

I have to brag a little bit, Daryl had a pretty awesome week. He had a field trip on Wednesday, and his teacher reported that Daryl is a goober! She said Daryl always makes her laugh and is a friend to everyone in the class. She said on the field trip he was, "Stealing noses."

I had to clarify, "You mean like pretending to take another kid's nose and saying 'got your nose?'" Turns out that is exactly what he was doing, and when he would steal the nose he would run away from his friend and they would have to chase him to get their nose back!

I got a pretty good chuckle. Later, when I played stealing his nose he said, "did you talk to my teacher!?"

On Friday, I got a call from the school. I have gotten many calls from the school since Daryl started kindergarten. 95% of the time he is trying to get me to pick him up because he doesn't feel good.  I was on a first name basis with the nurse at his old school. She would say, "I told Daryl you would say he should go back to class, but he wanted me to call you anyway."

The other 5% of the time Daryl has gotten hurt at school and it's not a fun call either.

On Friday, I was dreading why the school office was calling me. It wasn't the nurse so I figured something happened on the playground. Then when the office said Daryl had something he needed to tell me, I thought oh geez. He has gotten in trouble!

Daryl told me over the phone he was the star student of the week! Oh my goodness, I was so proud and surprised, tears came to my eyes! I told him I was proud of him. He may be a goober but he is also pretty awesome. Great job Daryl, your year at your new school is going better than I could have ever imagined. Keep it up!



No comments:

Post a Comment