Saturday, May 30, 2015

Cheesin' in Wisconsin

It has been a long time since my last post but that is because the Manor packed up for a road trip. We went to Wisconsin Dells for a big Meerpohl family vacation. Papa and Grandma took us to the Wilderness Territory resort and we had a blast!
It was a pretty long road trip but my boys are getting better and better at those. The resort had several indoor swimming parks and outdoor swimming parks. We didn't even get to them all. We also did mini golf, go karts and my favorite painted ceramics! 
The boys' favorite was when we went to a restaurant  that served your food via train! Alex is going through a bit of a train phase. For both 10+ hour car rides he let us know every time he saw a train or train tracks or baseball fields. There were actually more ball fields than I would have thought. LOL
This trip was a great recharge.
We did have that "I need a vacation from my vacation", moment.
On the way home we were stopped at a rest stop getting a snack and I turned to see Daryl disappear around a corner at full speed. I panicked and asked Kelly, "where's Alex?" Kelly yelled "Alex!" 
Daryl comes back around the corner, "Dad you're holding him."
Omg! Kelly and I both just started laughing. Then I asked Alex why he didn't say anything!
Can you sense the excitement? 


Daryl's mug turned out fantastic! He did such a good job!


Choo Choo Grandma, choo choo!!

Daryl wasn't tall enough to drive but I think Kelly liked it that way! 



3 comments:

  1. Daryl is nothing if not consistent, Blow me down Métis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed the great Alex last week. But the conversation about the train was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete