Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 is Showing Promise

I'm a little late but Happy New Year everyone! I was so busy doing nothing so far this year I didn't get around to getting on the computer and blogging!

Yesterday Kelly and I were both off work so we started by working in the basement. We cleared out some stuff that if we haven't needed it in the past five years we probably don't need it at all. A lot of college notebooks bit the dust as well as high school ribbons and medals. Oh well I'm out to declutter our house so if we ever get to move to a new house it won't be so hard!



After I was done with the organizing bug I started spinning! I haven't done any spinning for a couple of months because my wheel got taken out of the living room and put in the craft room. (It rightfully belongs there!) So I put it back in the living room and spun to my heart's content on my Mesa batt while watching Toy Story 3 for the 50th time! It made the movie much more enjoyable. :)
While we were decluttering we went thru Daryl's toys. He was there with us and we were doing the whole "Here are two toys which one do you want to keep." He did really well and always picked just one and never said, "I want both!"

While doing this he discovered a lot of things that he hasn't played with in awhile. He rediscovered his Lowe's apron and his construction hat. So this is how he went to pre-school today!
Lastly, I thought this year was starting very badly when on December 31st our Boston Terrier Sister jumped out of the back of the truck on the way to the park and Kelly didn't notice until him and Daryl had reached their destination. So Kelly spent two hours looking for her and she was lost. :( 
We called the police and the humane society but really didn't know what else to do. So as the wind got cold I got sad and went to bed thinking about sister being under a bush somewhere freezing! The next day we decided to place an ad on craigslist hoping that if someone found her they would call us. When we went to craigslist under the lost and found the very first ad was featuring a female Boston Terrier! We called right away and got to go pick her up. So she spent her night away from home inside with very nice people. So I think 2012 will be a pretty good year after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment