Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend (No labor done!)



Since Kel and I picked this weekend to get married two years ago it has always been a busy one for us. 2009 was no exception. We started early Saturday morning with the first KU tailgate of the football season! Daryl took his wagon and had a great time with everyone feeding him! It was so great to see all of our football time friends. I don't know why we don't all get together at any other time of the year!

We hurried back to Topeka so Daryl could go to Grandma and Grandpa's for the night. His parents had a date for their anniversary. It was splendid and we finished our date by strolling the rose garden where two short years ago we got married. I even made Kel stand in front of some flowers and take a picture for good measure.


Sunday we had a big family dinner and a baby shower for Aunt Jen. It was a great chance for us to hand out our thank you cards from D's b-day bash! D also got to play with his cousins and give BIG kisses to his favorite cousin Amber!



Today we headed west to Salina to see my sister and meet her new boyfriend. He was very nice and she was really happy. For both of those things I'm thankful. Salina's yarn shop was closed so that was a little sad but we had a good visit anyway!! Daryl liked playing in the bin of stuffed animals at Sam's!
On the knitting front I'm a good hour from finishing my Juliet sweater and a good week from finishing a baby gift. But I need to cast on another baby gift (got the yarn need the needles) and another hat!! I'll post pics of knitting as I finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment