Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Running With the Cows

 My Mother's Day gift to myself was a half marathon entry. I'm not sure why I thought I would beat my time from the TopCity Half but I thought positive thoughts alone would make me fast. Didn't really work. Turns out not following a training plan is starting to affect my race times. Who knew?! 

I'm still glad I ran the race. Running With the Cows is always a fun event with lots of volunteer support and great post race food. I lined up with the 2:15 pacers and they were great. But at mile 8 I had to walk a little, next thing I knew the 2:20 pacers passed me. I finished with a time of 2:22. For hitting a wall so quickly I'm just glad I finished. My next race is a 10K so maybe I should start training for that. LOL 

On Mother's Day the boys agreed I could pick the place to eat and they walked around the zoo with me. It was a nice afternoon and they didn't fight too much. That's about the most I can ask these days. On Friday I planted some flowers around my house and on Sunday I mowed and cleaned up the yard. It was a good weekend to catch up on house things! 


We are getting good use out of our family pass. 
This was Daryl and I's second zoo trip of the weekend!


My lunch pick was Jason's Deli, we all like different
ice cream. 



Wishing my flowers good luck!

Daryl took this picture but cropped himself out
because he didn't like his hair. LOL 




No comments:

Post a Comment