Wednesday, May 29, 2024

4 New States!

 Trying to hit all 50 states has been a fun way to see other parts of the county. Who knew that the state of New Jersey had a huge elephant that is the #1 roadside attraction in the country? Well I know that now and I got to tour Lucy the elephant! 

States crossed off the list were Maryland (had fun in Baltimore), West Virginia (Kayaked the Potomac river and had a beer on the West Virginia side), Delaware (Tried soft shell crab, it's not for me) and New Jersey (My favorite state of the trip)! 

With those four down I now only have 15 to go! While everyday had sightseeing stops and tons of good food, New Jersey was my favorite. Jeff and I got to play some slot machines in Atlantic City, Ride a Ferris wheel on the boardwalk and walk Alpacas. It was so much fun! Probably the other big highlights of the trip was hiking in Shenandoah park and seeing waterfalls and kayaking down the Potomac for two hours. 

It was all relaxing and an adventure. Our next trip will be with 5 kids...sooooo....probably not as relaxing. LOL, glad we had this trip first!  

 

My map is looking great!

The view from the top of Lucy

Our first and probably only ride on an elephant!

Built in 1881 as a spectacle to attract real 
estate investors. Restored in 1974.

Jeff got to walk the "cool as a cucumber" Victoria. 

I had the spicy Lennox that was fine as long as I didn't want to pet her.

Atlantic City Ferris Wheel

Maryland Lighthouse!

My beer from West Virginia in Harpers Ferry

It was good after our Kayak adventure

To commemorate Jeff and I's first national park, we bought the book to stamp.
This is our first stamp!

Waterfall, there were actually several on the hike we took. 

No comments:

Post a Comment