Thursday, March 7, 2024

Our Annual Tradition!

Daryl and I have an annual tradition of one KU football game and one home KU basketball game a year. It's a time for us to connect as Mother and Son who love Jayhawk sports! We did invite Alex but he had a band concert. So, before you think I'm this "super mom", I did miss a band concert for basketball. :-( I didn't have the band date when I bought the tickets!!

On Tuesday, Daryl and I attended the Sunflower Showdown and Allen Fieldhouse did not disappoint! It was loud and colorful and fun. If you haven't been to a game in Allen Fieldhouse it is an experience. 

I told Daryl we won't always be able to see the rivalry game of KU vs. (mom's employer!!) KSU but it's fun when we can. We brought two newbs with us this year and they had fun too! KU won the game 90-68 and the last five minutes of the game was a dunk fest. It was also senior night and the pep band wore suits in honor of the occasion. It was really cool. It's been a rough season for the hawks, but they showed up big on Tuesday. I look forward to their tournament run! 

And I feel like I should get a cut of T-Shirt sales that I make happen because if you are sitting with me you have to wear red or blue! 


He never wants to take a picture with me 
anymore! I just have to buy expensive 
sports tickets for him to do it. LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment