Friday, May 19, 2023

Operation: Send Mom to Her Room

 More or less my bedroom refresh is complete! I still need to acquire two comfy chairs and a makeup vanity, but the heavy lift is done. I love my bedroom now, come this weekend I may not leave it! 

What all was done: 

New Paint

Removed Carpet

Installed ceiling light

Changed ceiling fan 

New Bed, Rug and TV 

Threw away a LOT of clutter! 

The space feels so much better and I'm glad I finally prioritized the project. It started with just wanting to get rid of the red wall in my room and turned into so much more. The last big project I did in the house was installing a shower and tile surround into the hall bath. That was almost three years ago, and I think every other year is the right timeframe for big inside projects. The mess is just too much to deal with all the time. 

You can kinda see the new ceiling fan

Good shot of the new light installed


Before picture with the hated red wall

Where my bed is now was the "desk" area
More like catching junk area





No comments:

Post a Comment