Thursday, September 8, 2022

Labor Day Weekend

 We are a couple days away from the holiday weekend but I definitely want to document the fun days we had at the Manor. We started strong on Friday, Alex had his first non family sleepover with buddies from school and Daryl and I went to the KU football game. I kept my phone close in case Alex wanted to come home, but by all accounts the moment we dropped him off he didn't think about us until we picked him up! The mom that hosted the group of boys did a great job keeping them all busy and when he got home he was so happy and tired! 

Daryl and I were also happy to see a KU win and he got to meet some KU famous people. He got to shake hands with KU basketball coach Kurtis Townsend and as we were leaving he spotted his favorite KU basketball player, Mitch Lightfoot. I hope all college athletes aspire to be as gracious and kind as Mitch. He was with a couple of friends and noticed Daryl looking at him and trying to get the courage to talk to him. (Loose Transcript below)

Mitch-Hey Buddy, want a picture

Daryl-(Nods head and goes in for a hug!) 

Mitch-(Hugging Daryl), Nice to Meet You!

Daryl-You are great!

Me taking picture-This is one of your biggest fans

Mitch-Thanks bud! 

As Daryl and I walked away he asked me why he couldn't say anything else and he was beaming from ear to ear. Mitch, you are a stand up guy! 

It's hard to beat the start of a holiday weekend like that! Saturday, we mostly ran errands and cleaned. Alex begged to do "something fun" on Sunday, so we went skating! I didn't fall once! The boys can't say the same. 

We have never waved the wheat so much!

Meeting his basketball hero!

Let's skate!

So blurry....




No comments:

Post a Comment