Friday, September 23, 2022

Indy Races 10K Recap

 I have great news. At the inaugural Indy Races 10K on Sept. 17th, I placed 2nd! This new race raises money for childhood cancer research and for families affected by childhood cancer. There was a lot of heart and soul at this race and running around Lake Shawnee offered beautiful views and a closed course! 

I beat my South Dakota 10K time by about 3 minutes, my hip is almost 100%. My time was 1:03:47. This race was double fun because the Genesis morning weights class came out to run! Some did the 5K, I did the 10K and couple of crazy people did the 6.8 mile loop around the lake. 

After the race I owed the boys lunch on Mass Street for being so good for grandma. The only problem with that is they don't like the same food. So Daryl and I went to Jefferson's (he wanted to try oysters) and Al and grandma went to Ramen Bowls! It worked out great and it was a good Saturday all the way around! 

Me and the only other 10K runner!

His first raw oysters!

Then he had to try them fried, he liked raw better!

Alex know he likes beef ramen, don't mess
with success!


Pretty Stress free race when you are on the 
podium from the start!







No comments:

Post a Comment