Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August Goal Update!

 This month was a lot better on the goal front, even with a couple of busy weekends. I will do a separate post about the race I just completed. I'm still waiting for the race photos to be published. 

Two weekends ago we went to Dodge City to celebrate my Uncle and Aunt's 50th wedding anniversary. It was a great celebration and I got to see family I haven't seen in years. 

Then my sister and I shared a pitcher of margaritas, that was fun too! The boys got to swim at the pool and my favorite pictures are the ones with the Grain Elevator in the background. It just reminds me of growing up with Grain Elevators everywhere. 

I hope everyone else had a productive August too! I'm hope that September brings some fall weather to us! 

Read 21 Books: 13 /21

I read two books this month. The first was a really good thriller, finished it in about a week! The Whisper Man by Alex North is a fiction book I recommend, has all the twists and turns to keep you reading! My second book was a non fiction about the social service system in Finland. It took a little longer to get through. The Nordic Theory of Everything by Anu Partane was very interesting. We hear a lot about other countries and how they get free health care, long term care and education. Needless to say most of what we hear is not correct. 

Run 720 Miles: 484/720

I ran/walked 64 miles this month! I started slow not going much over two miles at a time. My hip is still getting better but I was pleased as punch to finish a 10K on Sunday with no walking. (More on that in my next post) I'm back on track with this goal! 

Money Goals: Got my monthly principle payment made....that's something! 

Add 2K to Savings, Done Feb 2022 

Pay Mortg. principle down 5K

New Living Room Furniture (Home), Done Feb 2022

Replace Some Windows (Home) 

Replace Window Blinds (Home) 

Create Backyard Oasis (Home) 

Trips: 2/3

Holding pattern here. 

Days I hit all of my Daily Habits: 12

I changed some of my Daily Habits goals and the refresh was what I needed to motivate myself again. I'm going to stick with 5 daily habits and try to hit 15 in September. 

Hi Al! 

Maybe last high dive of the summer?

Can't forget a picture of Daryl with his birthday 
fried Ice Cream from Uncle Steve and Aunt Rita!

My goal to knit everyday is producing...hats, lots of hats!






No comments:

Post a Comment