Wednesday, March 30, 2022

I finished a thing!!

Sadly, first thing that takes a back burner in my life is knitting. I love doing it and I have enough yarn to open my own small store, but kids, work and socializing tend to come first. 

But there is nothing like a new baby to make you think, I need to knit something small for that baby! I mean it shouldn't take a year to knit a baby sweater, right?! Well you would be wrong! 

One of my coworkers announced over a year ago that his daughter was expecting his FIRST grandchild. Of course I had to knit that baby a green sweater because boy or girl, that baby would eventually be a  4-H'er. LOL 

However, I also knew that life was crazy and there was no way I would have something done by the time the baby was born. I mean 6-7 months is totally enough time to knit 3 sweaters but I don't rush the process...so when I cast the sweater on the baby was already 3 months old. I decided to make the 1 year size and it would be a first birthday present. Feb. 1st comes around and the sweater is still missing a sleeve. Yikes! I did finish it a day before the baby's first birthday but it was a couple of weeks late due to washing and blocking. 

But while I'm sure the sweet girl could care less about a sweater, her mom and grandparents felt the love. So all in all, it was time well spent! And next time, I'll make the 2 year size! LOL 

Pattern: Flax Light by Tin Can Knits
Yarn: Wollmeise Sock in Wasabi

The start of the little green sweater in May of 2021. Road Trip knitting! 



The most knitting was done at Rock Springs 4-H Camp in 
June of 2021






No comments:

Post a Comment