Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Goal Update Oct. and Nov!

Had a great Birthday today! Joanne at work made me one of the best Apple Crisps I have ever had and mom took me out to eat some yummy Indian Food tonight! I am so lucky to have so many people in my life who messaged me today, left me a note on Facebook or stopped by my office to give me well wishes. This has been one of the most peaceful birthdays I've had in awhile. (I even ordered some new running shoes as a happy birthday gift to myself!)

I was a little off my game during October and did not get a goal update. So you are getting two months worth of progress in one read! For a couple of busy months I'm proud of what I got done! 

Read 20 Books: 17/20  

In October I finally finished The Stand. For some reason in 2021 a book about a plague is not that scary. So this was just a great drama. And at over 1,100 pages it is like a TV series with two or three seasons. I missed the characters once it was over. 

In November I read The Happiness Project and The Aviator's Wife. I feel extra accomplished when I read a non fiction and a fiction in the same month. I don't know why. 

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin gave me some good inspiration for 2022 goals. For every month of the year she worked on a new area of her life and tried to figure out how to be a happier person in general. I'm going to steal her method of tracking daily habits to improve yourself. Benjamin Franklin did this daily logging to try to constantly improve. I'm just really motivated by checking a box so I'm going to see if I can make and keep some good habits! 

The Aviator's Wife was a novel about being the wife of Charles Lindbergh and living in the shadow of an American Hero/American Enemy circa WWII/Then Hero again. A fiction that felt too real as a woman tries to not loose herself being a wife and then a mother. I would recommend! 

Only three books in December to get this goal done! 

 Run 800 700 miles: 627/700

The past two month I've done mostly 2-3 miles runs with one 10K thrown in. My hip is feeling good and I'm happy to be ending this year with pain free runs. Will I make 700 this year, probably not. Will I stop running in December, Nope! My monthly goal is 53 miles for Dec. Let's end this year on an even number. :-)  

Money Goals: Still trying to get a contractor signed up for my stairs project. The money is saved, just need to get on someone's schedule. 

  • Pay Off my Car - Done March
  • Replace my Car's Windshield-Done Jan. 
  • New Fridge
  • Fix Stairs
  • Install a shower in hall bathroom and fix the sink in my bathroom Done July 
  • Add $2,000 to savings  Done August 
  • Replace some windows
Knit four new things: 2/4

I'm still not feeling my sweater project so I started a fancy dish towel. It's the kind that hangs from the oven handle. It only took me a week to knit and I love it! I'm going to make more! 

Before the boys left on Sunday they gave me my gift. 
World's Best Boss! LOL 

Thank you for dinner mom!!

And thank you for my flowers! You have been my 
birthday date since day 1! Back in the 80s!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment