Friday, April 30, 2021

April Goal Update and Bad Blood

April 2021 was quite the month! I started a new position, Alex had a chapter of a book published and Daryl did a football camp. I was very hopeful that a little taste of football would turn Daryl off of the sport. I like to watch football, I just don't need my sweet sweet baby playing it. However, he loves it, so the plan has backfired and he will probably go out for the middle school team next year. (I hope they make football pants small enough....) 

As you can imagine I was really feeling myself this month, maybe patting myself on the back a little too hard. I had my annual State Employee health assessment and it turns out I have high cholesterol! Or as I lovely call it, chunky blood. LOL! For years I have made fun of my diet and that I run so much, I don't have to care about what I eat. Well guess what friends, I may be wrong! So I'm making a vegetable goal for the month of May. Because I can't imagine eating vegetables like a mad woman for the entire year. My goal is to eat 30 salads in May. This could be one of the hardest things I've ever done, and I had natural child birth with Alex! 

I hope you all had as good a month as we did at The Manor. With everything going on we still made time for our goals! 

Read 20 Books: 8/20  

I finished 2 books in April and that brings my total to 8! 

The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold

This book in one word is fascinating. It is Non Fiction and it is amazing what the author found out about these women from historical records. And in 1880's you had to leave your name and information for everything. This author refuses the narrative that Jack The Ripper killed prostitutes and that is the woman's entire story. Of these five women profiled only one was a documented sex worker, the others just destitute women who had all fallen on hard times. Seriously, this book will have you amazed at the life of a woman during this time in history.   

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi

Waiting for books to become available at the library I reread a favorite from last year. When you have a book you really love and you can remember the beginning and the end, reread it for all of that good middle. For the perspective, and all the deliberation Paul did on how we treat other people, I should probably read this book every year. If you haven't read it, you must put it on your list. The narrative is so powerful it makes it a quick read because you don't want to put it down.   

Run 800 miles: 297/800

I ran 86 miles this month! That is my personal monthly best for this year! Wahoo! Those miles include my Top City Half. I hope to get one more high mile month in May before it turns hot as hades. That's the thing about Kansas, first it's too cold to run outside, and then it's too hot! Maybe I'm just picky..... 

Money Goals: Just playing the waiting game on my bathroom projects. I'm getting really excited to have a second shower in the house! 

  • Pay Off my Car - Done March
  • Replace my Car's Windshield-Done Jan. 
  • New Fridge
  • Fix Stairs
  • Install a shower in hall bathroom and fix the sink in my bathroom
  • Add $2,000 to savings 
  • Replace some windows
Knit four new things: 1/4

Nope, it's too nice out to knit....

Donuts, burgers, fries and beers; why do you betray me? 

Alex took this picture and Daryl has almost caught me! 

Daryl had football camp at the new indoor field at Washburn! 




No comments:

Post a Comment