Monday, April 19, 2021

So You're New Again

 Today was a pretty big day for me. Today was my first day in my new job as Shawnee County Extension Director! I couldn't really talk about it till now, because I was just too excited and I didn't want o jinx it. Who knows, maybe the board would change their decision and just have me continue as 4-H agent. 

I moved into my new office today, I got new business cards and I was introduced to the Shawnee County Commissioners as the new Director. No Take Backs now! LOL 

I have enjoyed my eight years as Shawnee County 4-H Agent but I knew that I would eventually like to do something that had more responsibility. It is why I pursued my Master's degree in adult learning and leadership. Since this blog marks the milestones at Meerpohl Manor I wanted to mark the day I started this new journey in my career. I adore my office and Shawnee County and once again I am lucky to be able to grow professionally in the same office that has supported me for the last 10 years. 

It was a good day and I want to thank all of those people that have believed in me. Extension has given me friends from all across the state and I'm excited to see what I can do in this new role! 

I took this picture on Saturday but it totally looks
like a Monday mood!

One of the amazing new job gifts that I have received. 
Jo got my my crocheted Bernie and now I have crocheted Alpacas watching
over my office! 


Lisa got me flowers right after I interviewed for the position
and Jo got me chocolate! I even got a surprise bottle of wine from my old 
Co-worker Kim. I am surrounded by amazing gift givers! 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Sad to see you go as the 4-H agent though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4-H will always be near and dear to my heart. I will make sure it is in good hands for years to come!

      Delete