Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March Goal Update

 March seemed long, why was March so long? Well that's good for running miles and reading books, could have knit, but I don't feel like it. I tell you it is feast or famine with the knitting..... 

Alex has been lucky enough to be going to school in person five days a week for awhile now. Daryl goes back full time tomorrow. He is struggling with this idea. I asked him why he is having so many feelings about this. I wanted to know if he doesn't like his teachers, if kids are being mean or if something about the school is weird for him. The answer is none of that, he would just rather only go to school for 4 hours a day, it just works better for him. Well son, I also would just like to work for four hours a day but get credit for 8+ hours. That's not how it works. So keep Daryl in your thoughts in April, he i going to Middle School full time for the first time. It is upsetting. LOL! 

Happy April Everyone! 

Read 20 Books: 6/20  

I finished 2 books this month and am over half way done with another. So that will start April off right! PS-Love when my friends talk about books, it helps me pick my next read!  

Five dysfunctions of a Team by Lencioni

 I like it when I'm assigned reading at work. It makes me read some non fiction (good for me) and I do it pretty quickly because there is a deadline. This is a leadership book and I really like the style it was written in. I will definitely be using this model soon!  

An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

This was some great fiction about a complicated relationship. Would you stay with your spouse if they were incarcerated? What if they were innocent and you knew that because you were with them when the crime happened? Could you support them and stay with them while they suffered for something they didn't do? Such a good book, read it if you like messy relationship books, and I do! 

Run 800 miles: 211/800

I ran 79 miles this month! Yay! I have a half marathon coming up in April so had some very nice long runs in March. They are getting difficult but that is expected. What makes me feel better about it is runs over 6 miles used to really freak me out. Now I'm not freaked out until they are over 10 miles. That is progress! I'm not really getting faster in 2021 but I'm also not getting slower, so I'll take it! 

Money Goals: Car loan paid off! Two years early! Now Facebook just shows me ads for new Subaru cars and I need them to stop doing that. My car is solid and I need to remodel my bathroom! 

  • Pay Off my Car - Done March
  • Replace my Car's Windshield-Done Jan. 
  • New Fridge
  • Fix Stairs
  • Install a shower in hall bathroom and fix my sink in my bathroom
  • Add $2,000 to savings 
  • Replace some windows
Knit four new things: 1/4

Nope, it's too nice out to knit....

Purl would like to know when I will stop blogging and start petting her. 

Unrelated to goals, Daryl recommends the 2 rib plate
at Hog Wild BBQ. And Daryl doesn't let me take his
picture that often anymore! 






No comments:

Post a Comment