Monday, August 31, 2020

August Goal Update

I'm not sure you will believe me but I think Spring Break is almost over! I picked up the boys computers today to start remote learning next week. It is already weird having to go to two buildings. It's not like our schedule couldn't use more chaos, bring it on! I can tell Daryl is nervous about middle school but he met the assistant principal today and he told Daryl it is his first year at this school too. He let Daryl know they will get through their first year together. I doubt the assistant principal knew how much that put Daryl at ease, that is just how cool the staff at the Middle School has been. 

I'm hopeful for an easy transition and a teacher with a lot of patience for Alex. He is the quiet kid for about two days, then watch out! It doesn't matter who you sit him next to, he is going to talk all day. He must get that from me. :-) 

This was a good month for some goal progress, mostly running, but that can be the hardest one sometimes. 

2020 Goals 


Read 12 Books: 9/12 

I am so close to finishing a book that I almost didn't update tonight so I could add to this goal. However, that would be disingenuous because it won't be done in August. So, this goal stays at 9. I do have three books on my nightstand and two of them have to go back to the library soon. Time to turn off the Netflix and get some reading done!  
 

Knit 4 Things (and no new yarn!): 3/4

Gave up on my vest. I was not happy with how it was turning out and every time I worked on it I got  more frustrated. So I did what makes me happy, I knit a hat! It worked so well I immediately cast on another hat. I might just knit hats forever......


Make 2 Quilts :DONE May 2020

I'm slowly but surly working on my bowling towel quilt. It will be my 3rd quilt for 2020. Since I hadn't made a quilt for probably five years, making three this year might lead to a big break from quilts! 

Run 600 Miles: 437

I got  76 miles this month! That is the most miles I have ran in one month for the year. About a month ago I almost gave up on my only half marathon for 2020. I had signed up for the Top City race in April but I didn't get the training in and I did the 5K. I was really disappointed in myself that it looked like I was going to waste another half entry this Labor Day. 
I turned to Facebook and asked for advice. It's not like I haven't been running all summer, I just hadn't done long runs. I got AMAZING advice about going slower, talking walk breaks and stretching. Most of all my friends didn't let me take the easy way out. "Don't waste that race entry fee, you can do it!" I took ALL of the advice and I did a long run every weekend in August. Even with vacation and all! I got on track and I should be ready to run on the 7th. 
Thank you running friends! 

Save 2,000 Dollars: DONE April 2020 
I didn't plan to save any money this month because of our Colorado vacation. However, it wasn't as expensive as I had budgeted so I was able to put away $241 for the month. Yay! I thought about just spending that on getting my tree cut down but it will be more expensive than that so I'm going to punt that project again. 


5 House ProjectsNo progress here this month but I did change one of the projects. I wanted to get my garage door fixed after I take out my tree. I just don't see that happening so I put on planting two additional trees on the west side of the house. I have no shade over there and I want some more trees. Now I just need to research the perfect kind of tree to plant in my yard. I want it to throw some shade but not be huge. I'm open to suggestions. 

Put in a ceiling light in living room:  Done May 
Put in a ceiling light in my bedroom office
Get a new stove: Done Feb
Remove a scraggly tree
Plant two new trees 

Last Friday Alex had his first soccer practice. It was very hot but he had a good time! 

If they want to wash the car, I'm not going to stop them! 

Same goes for mowing. Daryl actually asks to mow the yard! 




No comments:

Post a Comment