Friday, January 31, 2020

January Goals Update

I feel like it took FOREVER for this month to be over. Then, this week was a blur. Probably because I got to see some of my favorite people for a 4-H Program Rally. I love my job and a good percentage of that is the wonderful people I've met along the way. :-) 

Staying accountable by letting you all know how I'm doing on my goals. Not too shabby for month 1! 

2020 Goals 

Read 12 Books: 1/12 Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
Started my 2020 reading with a heavy one. It was very well written but hard to read. It made me reflect on why race tensions are still so real and hard. I can't turn a blind eye to the history of my country, even if I want to. I think I'll read from my work books pile next month. 

Knit 4 Things (and no new yarn!): 1/4 Headbands! 

I got two headbands for my friend Jenny and her daughter. Both from some leftover handspun. She put the buttons on them but I'm still counting them! 



Make 2 Quilts : Haha No....

Run 600 Miles: 53

To make 600 miles that is 50 a month. I ran 53 this month so I will take that as a win! Starting to ramp up for my first half marathon in 2020 April 25th. 

Save 2,000 Dollars: 200

I am very proud of the 200 dollars I put away in January. I didn't by any new clothes and I really wanted a new chiefs shirt. That is the first on the list when my streak gets broken. I DIDN'T EVEN BUY A WALK KANSAS SHIRT. You guys this is serious. 

5 House Projects: None yet but getting bids on the tree removal.
Put in a ceiling light in living room
Put in a ceiling light in my bedroom office
Get a new stove
Remove a scraggly tree
Get my Garage door working

Two headbands headed for SE Kansas! 

Just another picture of my ADORABLE cowboy

Proof! Can't wait to be done with the treadmill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment