Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas Spirit is Contagious!

I have a something I need to tell the world, I LOVE Christmas lights! When they start going up, it is my favorite. Last year I went pretty easy for two reasons, 1.) I didn't have a ladder and 2.) Christmas decorations are more expensive than they should be.

So, on Saturday Jefferson, John (his dad and owner of a truck) and myself went to Lowes and I bought a ladder! I was a woman with a plan, I told Jefferson I would hang all the lights, he just needed to be there in case I fell off the roof. So I climbed on the roof, and then I realized that was a bad idea. I thought we were going to have to call the fire department to get me down! But I summoned some courage and got back on the ladder from the roof. I was defeated, but then Jefferson started messing with the lights and the next thing I knew he was hanging them! I just started handing him clips and holding the ladder, you know keeping him safe. ;-)

When we were just about done he mentioned it would be much easier to hang lights on his house. So, today we went back to the store and got lights for his house! He caught the Christmas Spirit, and he really likes the way his lights look. He was also right, putting lights on his house is way easier.

When the boys got home tonight we decorated the inside of the house. It is so nice! Lights on everything sitting still. I'm going to be Evergy's customer of the month. :-)

I'm feeling the spirit, I just need that to make me want to wrap presents. ugh.

Jefferson hanging lights at my house. 

Jefferson hanging lights at his house!

I couldn't get them to the peak, but I'm happy! 

My new decoration this year, Pepe the penguin! 

Our tree from the outside.

Our tree from the inside, I think we need to upgrade next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment