Sunday, May 12, 2019

Dress School Graduate!

These past four days have been wonderful! I got to go to Dress School at The Harveyville Project and learned helpful tips and tricks about sewing. I made three dresses and one bonus top under the instruction of the lovely Sonya Philip from 100 acts of sewing. I made Sonya's Dress #1, Dress #2 and Dress #3. Dress #3 is a caftan and was my favorite! It is my Golden Girls dress and I want to live in it!

I don't know what was the best part of dress school? Was it the lovely dresses I came home with, my new sewing friends, the gourmet meals we were served or finding my new favorite swear words? Everyday you could hear in the sewing room, "Mother Pucker, Son of a Stitch!" At night we would also declare, "Let's get Basted!"

Too much fun, if you don't think it's funny, I guess you had to be there! PS, you could be there next time!

The Harveyville High School turned artist retreat!


Fabric on Thursday


Dresses on Sunday! 

Cutting out my caftan from beautiful rayon fabric!

Dress #1

Dress #2

Dress #3 My favorite Dress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment