Monday, September 24, 2018

Baking and Biking (Not at the same time!)

I had a funny video on Facebook not long ago of Alex telling me how to make cinnamon rolls. He had been very upset that I don't make them because they are very easy.
Alex-"Mom you just make rolls, put on some cinnamon and some white icing!"

See how easy that is? Most of the comments to my video were get the Rhodes frozen rolls. So for breakfast last Friday I made cinnamon rolls. Everyone was right that they were super easy. And now Alex thinks I'm fit to "mom". :-)

This weekend I also went on a mountain bike camping trip to Wilson Lake. I've been told these trails are the best in Kansas. Since this is the second bike trail I've been to in Kansas, I'm not one to judge. They were pretty awesome! Nice climbs, friendly downhills, and two not friendly down hills that I didn't die on! I was riding better than I thought I was capable and I  really want to go back to do the parts of the trail I didn't get to.

My experiences with mountain biking have ranged from frustration to delight and fear to accomplishment. I really enjoy that I'm getting better at this new found hobby and I thank Jeff for the encouragement. He also is a great photographer! LOL

Now that I've been on a bike for a year and had my own bike for 9 months I'm ready to get a new seat, bike rack for my car and bike shoes. You know you are committing to a hobby when you buy the shoes!

Alex approved!

They liked them so much both boys ate them standing! 

Wilson Lake at dawn

Ready to go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment