Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April Showers Bring May Flowers

As much as I try to be positive and will for good things to happen, life gets in the way. I am a strong person, and I know that. The only thing I can't do is shield the people I love from hurt. It makes me sad.

On Sunday, I had to tell the boys that our beloved Grandma Glo, Kelly's mom, had passed away. She was 65 years young and it was a shock to all of us. I almost feel like Daryl and Alex are shell shocked at this point. They react to bad news very calmly.

When I got the call I made a plan to do something special for them, and then tell them. I've had bad news delivered to me, and there is no good way. The best advice I have to fellow parents is give them the space they need to react, in case they do have a big reaction. So I made sure we were at home. We picked up Sonic ice cream, and were eating it sitting on the floor in the living room when I told them.

Daryl just blinked at me, he knew grandma had been in the hospital and I have no idea what was going on in his head. He didn't say anything really. Alex being four is trying to put this heaven place together. He immediately asked if Grandma was going to see Vinny. This actually made me smile because Grandma Glo, was never a dog person! He then asked if she would see Grandma Evelyn, and I said yes to both questions.

They don't see Grandma Glo everyday, we have to make a trip and plans every time we do see her. I think the funeral will be when it hits them, and me. After that it will be felt at the birthday parties, the holidays and for me when I don't see her hearts on my Facebook posts anymore. She was absolutely the biggest fan of this blog. I know because before our divorce, I would get e-mails if I hadn't posted in awhile. She always wanted the new Meerpohl Manor story. Even though I didn't get e-mails from her anymore, I know she still read them. Probably, before anyone else. :-)

She was my mom for ten years. I don't know the name for this situation but it sucks. For now I will do whatever I have to do for Daryl and Alex, they lost their Grandmother, and she was a very special one. All my love to the Ramirez and Meerpohl family. I'm here for whatever I can do to help.

Now for my May flower, and she came at the perfect time for me. I have a new niece, born early this morning. I won't divulge details, as they aren't mine to give. But thank you life, Diane and Asa, for the relief. My soul was weary but this little girl is what I needed. I'm a shame of an aunt and will work on her knitted clothing right away.

Alex Grandma Glo was the third person to ever hold you. I don't even
know if I was all the way inside the house before she had your carrier and was getting you out.
You didn't get a lot of time with her, but you got a lifetime of love from her. 

Daryl you got all your first haircuts from Grandma and the day after you found out she was gone
you said "I'm really going to miss her. And I'm sad I won't get to eat her food anymore."
Grandma Glo would have cooked for you everyday if she could have. It was one
of the many ways she showed her love. And you are right, no food will ever taste like
Grandma Glo's food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment