Thursday, January 26, 2017

500th Post!!

It All Started Here! 

Just Daryl and I, sitting on the couch, taking bad webcam photos! A lot has been documented since 2008.

2012 was a big year for Meerpohl Manor. We moved, I got my job as 4-H Agent and saving the best for last, we added Alberto to the family!

Even more has happened since 2012 but  as someone recently told me, "I like your blog because you don't need to read every post to follow along, you can just pop in and out!" So I won't repeat everything, because, well, 500 posts is a lot to link!


I think 2017 is going to be the blog's biggest year yet. I don't know why, but when it is just me making the decisions, things are bound to get unpredictable!

Other notable posts:
That one time I ran a marathon
The morning we woke up with no debt
Daryl's first day of school - PS-He never wants me to walk him inside anymore! I love this post so much because of the pictures. I didn't have to ask for smiles that day, he was so happy to be a big boy going to school, he couldn't contain his joy!

Funny Alex Story:

Last Thursday I accidentally pinched Alex's finger in the gate at Daryl's school. We both reached to open the gate and I opened it right onto his finger. It didn't break the skin, but getting pinched like that really hurts! There were tears.
After dinner, three hours later, Alex was sitting on my lap looking at his sore finger.
Alex-"Mom look what you did to my finger."
Me-"I know Alex, I'm sorry, it was an accident."
Alex-"It was, but you still did it, so it's your fault."
Me-"Alex that makes me feel bad."
Alex-"I'm sorry, but look, my finger is still hurt!"

So, I guess Alex is not going to let me off the hook easily, now or ever. Good, I need him to keep me honest. ;-)

Getting this picture was not easy!
We all cheered and hugged when we finally got it!
Except Purl, she didn't like this idea from the start. 



No comments:

Post a Comment