Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Not Taking a Bite out of Crime

So this really is my fault. I knew the moment I did what I did, I shouldn't have.

Two days ago, Alex was running across the living room and hurdling the side of the recliner to land on my lap. He was pretty pleased he could hurdle himself that high so he kept doing it. About the third time he did it, I realized his cute little butt was right in my face when he landed. So the fourth time he did it, I bit it! I didn't bite him hard and I don't know why I did that!

He was shocked and he cried. He, in preschool, knows that we don't bite. Between giggles I apologized and let him know if he puts his butt in my face, I just might bite it!
Now, this was not the right thing to tell him. What he heard was "Butt in my face, I bite it." Well he is four! Almost every butt is in his face!!!

Later that evening Kelly went to help move some furniture at his friend's house. Tony has a son Alex's age, so Alex went with him. When they come home I ask how everyone was. Kelly, holding back giggles, trying to look stern said, "Not well, Alex bit Tony on the butt!" Oh my goodness,  Alex must have walked behind Tony at some point, and bit the butt in his face!

Also, it was not the gentle nibble mom did, he chomped on it. Sorry Tony! When I find the appropriate gift for, "Sorry my kid bit your ass," I'll put it in the mail.

I am not going to win mother of the year for 2016. I will try again in 2017!



No comments:

Post a Comment