Sunday, November 6, 2016

3 Families are Better than One!

This blog's original purpose was to keep the family across the state updated. It has turned into a place where I keep all of our family memories, and even some therapeutic writing for me.

This was one of those weeks that when it started, I didn't think I would have anything I wanted to share. On Tuesday, I attended the funeral for my Aunt Trudy. I wanted to pay my respects and hug my cousins. I keep them in my prayers and they learn to live life without her. Growing up Aunt Trudy always heaped lots of love and compliments on me, she was one of many people who made me believe in myself growing up. I wish I would have thanked her in person for that.

On my way to Dodge City to be with my family, I got the call from Kelly that his Grandmother had passed, later found out her service was on Friday. Grandma Ramirez was another woman who just loved on everyone. I met her when she was in her 80s, and she was an example of how to care for others. She left behind a beautiful family that I am so proud to be a part of. Love you Grandma Ramirez.


After all that I was kind of dreading my 4-H Achievement Night event that I had on the calendar for Saturday. I just felt like I had nothing to give. In truth I didn't, but on Saturday, celebrating our 4-H program, I received energy and joy from my 4-H'ers. They put my smile back on my face, and watching them and their families celebrate was exactly what I needed. I am lucky to have my SW Kansas Family, I'm lucky to have my Holton/Horton family and I am extremely luck to have my 4-H family! I don't do the 30 things I'm thankful for in November but I am thankful for my three families who all mean so much to me.

Thank you Kim for this picture!


Daryl had 1000 football questions for Carson after Grandma's service. :-)

The boys and I just relaxed all day today at home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment