Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day: A Cautionary Tale

A picture of my boys from last summer! 
Kelly wanted to know why I would blog about Mother's Day this year. I told him his story could help another poor fool out there. He rolled his eyes. So I just let him know I always blog about Mother's Day and what kind of entry it is is always up to him.

Sunday was Mother's Day. For the past several years I have told Kelly what we are doing on Mother's Day as I like to run the Kansas City Mother's Day 5K. It is a fun race and then we can all go out to lunch. This year I had to work so I left the planning up to him.

I did get a gift from Daryl that he made at school but he couldn't wait and it was delivered to me on Friday. It was an adorable book all about me. I LOVE IT!

I didn't know what would happen on Sunday but I was kind of looking forward to being surprised for once, and a surprise I did get. Kelly decided that since I was working all day we really weren't going to be able to do "Mother's Day". AKA he had no plans.

He didn't say this up front so I just kind of waited all day...for something. Finally, I got home from work on Sunday night and after I helped put the boys to bed I asked him, "Are you mad at me?" He had that confused look men get when they have no idea what is wrong, but they know something is wrong!

I then let him know that it was Mother's Day and he hadn't even said the words "Happy Mother's Day." He thought about it and was apologizing all over the place, then I found out he figured we just weren't doing it.

So to all the men out there, don't make the same mistake, YOU ALWAYS DO MOTHERS DAY! Your wife or mom might be half way around the world, but you have to say the words. Saying Happy Mother's Day or Thank you for being an awesome mom is mandatory. A card  or something else is just icing on the cake. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment