Saturday, April 30, 2016

Getting things done!

Sometimes I get a wild hair and I just want to get things done. This kind of day looks nothing like what it does for Kelly! He loves a project.
Under the advice of my Uncle, Kelly fixed our three year old microwave. I only mention the age because it was making me really mad that is was already broken. It is a built in model so it was going to cost $200 to replace and $100 for the new trim kit.
My uncle mentioned replacing the fuse inside it to see if that fixes it. Who takes their microwave apart? It was worth a shot! It wasn't the fuse but Kelly replaced the door switch and now it works!! I will take a $9 fix over $300 any day.
Another one of his projects was to make a place for our phones when we get home. I was tired of having to always have it with me and and the boys bugging me to use it. So Kelly built a little phone shelf for the kitchen. So handy!
Lastly, he planted 60 flowers in the flower box! I would show you a picture but I decided to blog a little late for that. So excited to have all of these things done. I wonder what he will do tomorrow?!
Between activities the boys and I let go our butterflies that we have been observing. 4-H has a school enrichment program where the classroom gets caterpillars and watches them become butterflies. We had some extras so I got to bring some home for the boys to watch. It was fun to let them go this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment