Monday, November 30, 2015

Age is just a number!

Charlie and Auntie! 
As of today my new number is 33. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. Don't get me wrong I'm lucky to be getting older, I don't take that for granted. What I mean is 18 is when you get to vote, 21 you get to buy a beer, 25 your car insurance costs less, but what is 33?
So I did a little research on the number 33.


  • Oregon was the 33rd state admitted to the union
  • 33 is the direct dial country code for France
  • A normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually
  • For all the baseball fans, 33 was the number of innings in the longest game of baseball ever played! Go ahead look it up, 1981 Rochester Red Wings vs the Pawtucket Red Sox.
  • 33 is the retired number of Patrick Ewing. (It may seem odd that I included this BUT I actually liked the New York Knicks and Patrick Ewing growing up. If you think I'm lying ask my brother. I don't know why, I just did. I liked Duke too, It doesn't make sense because Patrick went to Georgetown. I was a strange, confused child in SW Kansas.)
  • The strangest thing that came of my Google searching was this whole conspiracy about the 33rd parallel. This is a real thing. The following things have happened at or near the 33rd parallel, the start of the American civil war, the death of Franklin D. Roosevelt, the assassination of JFK, the first known test of the atomic bomb, both bombed Japanese cities in WWII were near the 33rd parallel and Roswell, NM is on the 33rd parallel. 


Strange!

I'm starting to get word that people are getting their Christmas cards! This makes me so happy, I love Christmas Card time! There always seems to be a story behind the picture and this year is no different but I will save that for a few days. I will release the Christmas Card picture that did not make the cut. Merry Christmas from the Blockheads! 
Don't look at it for too long, it will give you nightmares! 



No comments:

Post a Comment