Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving on the Tundra

South Dakota is considered the tundra, right? It was actually pretty sunny Wednesday through today but it was still way colder than what our family is used to. You have to be made of tougher stuff than I am to thrive in South Dakota. Hats off to my brother and sister in law who enjoy calling it home, Asa just likes that it doesn't get above 90 in the summer!
Thanksgiving was a great time with my siblings and nephews and niece. We ate some turkey, watched a Christmas parade and had a lot of nerf gun wars. The kids had a blast! The ladies also went shopping yesterday in downtown Watertown and enjoyed not dealing with the crowds. We ventured out after lunch and the madness had died down.
Can't wait for Dec. 1st and then I can finish the Christmas shopping. I've already spent the Nov. Christmas budget so I have to wait for the Dec. budget to purchase the rest. Ugh, the struggles of being a responsible adult. ;-)
Lots of good stories from this weekend but my favorite probably happened on the drive to Watertown. We picked up cousin Cedar in Topeka so he was riding in our car for the seven hour trip.
Cedar-Let's play rock paper scissors.
Daryl-Ok
Cedar- Rock, Paper Scissors, SHOOT!
Cedar-What is that?
Daryl- A Gun, Bang.

Oh my gosh those kids make me laugh!
Turkey Time

I'm not sure if Alex ate anything. LOL

Charles and Alex aka The Twins. 

Both the Boys were champs on the car rides. They do seven hours pretty good! 

Footy pajamas for everyone! 


While in SD I finished everything on my cardigan except the pockets. Then it needs a bath! 
I did finish Tiffany's hat in time to give it to her last weekend. She is so cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment