Saturday, August 24, 2013

Taking a Week Off

The Manor has been on vacation! Our first one as a family of four and it was a fun and refreshing time. We are really lucky that we are able to take a whole week off and do fun things as a family.

We went to Branson, Mo for our time away. I have never been to Branson and it was a great time. Daryl loved Silver Dollar City, Kelly liked the frog rides, I liked the cave tour and Alex liked everything but the afternoon on the lake.
I think it was the life jacket but when he wasn't sleeping on the boat he was crying.

My first thought was this was a bad idea. Then we took Daryl on a tube ride and it changed my mind. He loved it! He said he had never had so much fun in his life.

So Alex just had to deal for a few hours while the rest of us had a blast!
While we were gone Daryl had his "real" 5th birthday. We got him an ice cream and Alex was pretty upset about it until Daryl shared with him. In the condo right after I sang Happy Birthday to Daryl (about 7:30am), he looked me in the eyes and said, "Mom I'm never going to be four again!" He was so excited and I was trying not to cry. He is growing up too fast!
We had family pictures on Friday of this week. The boys also took there one and five year pictures. The good news is I got Daryl's vest done! The bad news, it was too small. The pattern was pretty simple, except I didn't understand the pocket instructions at all, so I will make it again larger. New goal, have the boys sweater done by Christmas for Christmas card picture. Goal number two make Kelly wear his handmade sweater for same picture.
 
Both my Korf family and Ramirez family had a rough week with the loss of a loved one and the anniversary of such a loss. Hugs to all of them.
I know my dad watches over my little family every day. I hope we are giving him lots of reasons to smile and laugh! I think we would be pretty entertaining. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment