Thursday, July 11, 2024

June Goal Check In

It's almost halfway through July and I've finally documented my June progress! I'm also trying to stay on top of my running all month and not just the last week. My monthly goal is easier if I start sooner...who knew?

So far this month we celebrated the 4th of July and the boys are on vacation with their dad. When they get back it will be full steam ahead on county fair prep! 

We should also be wrapping up baseball soon. If the fields can stay dry for us! 

Read 18 Books 12/18 

I really wanted the hat that the library was giving away for the summer reading challenge. Last year they ran out of the prize so I was out to read three books as fast as possible. Good News, I got the hat! The challenge really helped my reading goal! 

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner was not what you would think based on the title. And the looks I got reading this book at baseball games was hilarious. It is actually a pretty good read about a young woman finding herself. It's a 7 for me. I think that's the highest rating I can give a book that I won't actually keep for my book shelf. 

Yellowface by Rebecca Kuang was on hold from the library for long enough I can't remember what prompted me to place the hold. But I'm glad I did. This was a great book that had me guessing the entire time. It starts as possible plagiarism and weaves in a lot of social themes that writers deal with. Including not reading your books reviews!  It was a unique story and I appreciate that in a summer read. I would have put this one on my shelf, but alas it was a library book.

To end out my reading challenge I read Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I came across this book by accident as I finished reading Yellowface while on vacation in South Carolina. The Air BnB we stayed in had a lending library and I knew this title so I decided to give it a read. This book is terrible because of the subject matter but so good because of how it is written and the story that it is telling. I understand why it was a best seller for so long. I recommend but it is not a beach read, even though I read most of it on a beach! 

Run 600 Miles 309/600

Once again I got serious about my running goal the last ten days of the month. I got my last two miles on Sunday evening, the last day of the month. LOL 

Monthly Healthy Habit Drink More Water  

I have increased my water intake. Mostly because of my cool new Yellow KU water bottle. Your water bottle matters! 

2024 Money Goals:   

  • Replace Garage Door Replace Windows In a holding pattern on my new windows
  • Down payment on New Car cashed out my CD that I'm using just for this purpose. Now I wait until August to find new car.....
  • Pay Mortg. Principle down 4K Made a principle payment in June 
  • Hit my Savings Goals for the year Put money in the savings account in May, but also made a withdrawal for the windows. So my savings account is sad, but not financing windows makes me happy. 

Waiting for the Potwin Parade

Having fun with smoke bombs

Love the T-High drumline!

We did watch the big fireworks at Auburndale but came home to do some of our own.
It was a great 4th of July!  


No comments:

Post a Comment