Thursday, July 25, 2024

County Fair Lite

 Today is day #1 of County Fair 2024. I thought we cut our entries down last year, well this year we cut even more! The fair is a great part of 4-H but it is not the only part. As the boys get older I don't press them to enter several items for each of their projects. I know just offer my help to get done what they want to do. And since mostly they just want to be with their friends it makes it an easier week for me. 

Last week we helped our club decorate our haybale, that was fun! Also last week Daryl had his buymanship judged. This week he has Archery and is working in the concessions stand. After I realized I didn't complete an entry for Alex's computer presentation, he is just being a helper this year. Honestly, he is the most meticulous help I could ask for! I think one thing that the county fair has taught my boys  is to pitch in. At the fair if your area is done you go and ask your neighbor if they need help. If someone asks you to run to the office for something you go get it. It's teamwork at its finest. 

Happy Fair Week everyone! It's going to be hot and not everyone will be the champion. I hope you all still have a good time and be nice to yourselves! 


Daryl's Buymanship outfit, once he found the
peacock golf shirt he made the outfit around it!



Helping mom set up fair displays!







No comments:

Post a Comment