Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Back to School!

 It is exciting times at The Manor. Both boys started in new buildings this year with Al going to Robinson Middle School and Daryl going to Topeka High School. I always feel the most for Daryl when these changes happen because he figures it out for the rest of us. 

That was apparent when Alex was asking Daryl questions all Sunday about middle school. Daryl calmed him, reassured him and was a wealth of information. I know Daryl had the same nerves and the same questions but he had to figure it out. 

Figuring it out means he did get lost on the 2nd day, he did forgo sports this first season and he has gotten home a new way for three days straight. I marvel at the problem solving skills he is developing and I'm being patient with the mood swings. He is going through a lot. But he is doing awesome! 

I know this because we had meet the teacher night last night and he is in really good hands. Alex is also in good hands and he is also starting to settle into a groove. One thing Alex is going to have to work on is asking questions when he doesn't understand. He is hesitant to get clarification for himself but he is getting better! 

I am trying to dedicate myself to a school time routine. The night before school we take time to think about the next day and even put out our clothes. I'm tired of trying to find the right shirt or the right socks when we need to be out the door! What has won me the "worst mom ever" award is my no phones after 9pm rule. That is bedtime and the phones don't go to their rooms. I'm sticking to my guns and Daryl told me he will never admit it helps him sleep. But I think it does! 

Here is to all my moms out there setting the new routines and sticking to their guns! We can be terrible moms together!! 


6th grade ready!

9th grade bound!

Daryl's new high school is gorgeous! 




No comments:

Post a Comment