Friday, January 6, 2023

2023 Goals and Happy New Year!

My 2023 Mantra is taken from Instagram. "No matter what anyone says show up and do the work. Just keep showing up, doing the work, and leading the way for the things you are passionate about. Be stubborn, refuse to give up and maintain hope." -The Power of Positive Leadership

I get hard on myself after December because I get tired of showing up and working. I need to keep in mind, no one is making me improve myself. I am the only one that is insisting I be a better version of myself, for myself. It's ok to be tired or take a break. It's not ok to quit showing up. 

Read 24 Books: 

If I stop binge watching Netflix a little and read a little more this goal won't be hard. 

Run 760 Miles:

This is up 40 miles from last year. I am toying with running a full marathon this year. If I actually do that this goal will be a piece of cake. Not hurting myself trying to get that many miles will be the trick. 

Money Goals: (You gotta tell your money what to do, or it will just disappear) 

  • Pay Mortg principle down 5K  (I did this in 2022 and I want to do it again!)
  • Replace Windows  This is leftover from last year but I really want to do it! 
  • Create Backyard Oasis  Another repeat from last year 
  • New Paint and Carpet in my bedroom  My bedroom needs a facelift.
  • New Garbage Disposal Mine makes scary noises.  

Trips: I have put vacations here, so I prioritize taking the time off and seeing some new stuff. I took a lot of big trips last year, and I shouldn't be doing that every year. So this year I want to see a new place every month. I want to get outside, visit some new parks and while it's cold I can go visit some new breweries or wineries. So in 2023 the trips will be smaller but more frequent. May just be a day trip to some place in Kansas I've never been. Who knows! 

Finish/Work on a loose end every month: Knitting, sewing, decluttering, scrapbooking. There are too many half done things in my life. Let's actually finish some stuff in 2023. 

Daily Habits: I want to complete more days in 2023 than I did that month in 2022. That should account for my crazy months. Just get one day better. 

Well that's a lot. And other than running I haven't kicked it into gear yet this year. So this post is the official Go Time! 

I had to photo this rare moment of the boys 
wanting to come to the office with me on the weekend
and NOT fighting with each other! 

They had to love on the office cat! 


On New Year's day we celebrated with Steak!

Daryl ordered his rare...ewww




No comments:

Post a Comment