Monday, January 31, 2022

One month down, 11 to go!

 I am pretty proud of my progress this month. I had three days of doing absolutely nothing, but was ahead of the game to that point so I still finished strong! How did you all do? 

Read 21 Books: 2/21

This month I read Maid by Stephanie Land and I'm Thinking of Ending Things by Reid. The first book is now a Netflix series but based off of Land's life as a part of the working poor. For me I enjoy books that broaden my viewpoint and this one did. If you don't understand welfare programs, you should read this book. People paying for groceries with benefits should not be the subject of scorn but the system. Eye opening. 

The next book I picked up was a fiction thriller and it was not my favorite. If you like the genre of wondering "what the heck is going on," it would probably be for you. The upside is it was a shorter book so like it or not, it will go quick. LOL 

Run 720 Miles: 61!

To hit 720 I need to get 60 miles a month. I had to take some time off because I was sick, so in the last three days of this month I needed to run 11 miles! I did 12 and ended my run this morning at 61 for the month. Yay me! 

Money Goals: (You gotta tell your money what to do, or it will just disappear) 

Add 2K to Savings, Was able to put some money in savings this month. 

Pay Mortg principle down 5K, Did make an extra principle payment 

New Living Room Furniture (Home), Got a rug and I have a couch in mind that I want. I think this will be done in Feb. 

Replace Some Windows (Home) 

Replace Window Blinds (Home) 

Create Backyard Oasis (Home) 

Trips: 0/3

Days I hit all of my Daily Habits: 11, that was with a lot of effort, too! 

Daryl and Alex both finished one book in January. Daryl read To Kill a Mockingbird and Alex read Dog Man Grime and Punishment. They are right on track too! 

How I keep track of my daily habits. This 
is really going to challenge me this year! 

I made a fruit pizza for the chiefs game. 
The pizza ended up better than the game. 

Keeping my New Year's resolution of ordering more dessert! 
Who knew a triple brownie delight was actually 
3 brownies stacked on top of each other! LOL 


No comments:

Post a Comment