Wednesday, June 16, 2021

On Wisconsin pt. 1

Today was the last day of our summer vacation, and did we have a great one! The boys, mom and I packed up last Thursday and headed to Wisconsin, where the mornings and evenings are still cool! Our goal was water slides and fishing. We accomplished both and more! 

Our first stop was Wisconsin Dells to spend a few days at the Kalahari Water Resort. It had a huge indoor water park, outdoor water park and a small pool behind our hotel. Daryl and Alex loved the slides and I even rode more than I thought I would. Any slide that let me go down on a tube, I was on it! I thought 2.5 days might be too much at a water park but the boys got to the slides when they opened at 10am, I usually dragged them away at 1 for something to eat and then they were back for an evening swim till 8 or 9 pm! So we will call that a success. 

One afternoon after I had ripped them away from the water park we headed to a safari park. They had an impressive collection of animals but the best part was petting kangaroos and feeding the llama! Then on our way out two kookaburras laughed at the boys so hard it startled them both. It was so funny! 

I will save our fishing adventure for another post. I do have to talk about the Birthplace of John Wayne in Iowa. The best part about road trips is you never know what you will stumble upon. Driving up through Iowa we say an exit for the birthplace of John Wayne so we decided to hit that on the way back. Turns out it is in Madison County Iowa so we also got to visit one of their many covered bridges. It was a pit stop for the ages! Good Work Iowa, good work. 

Glad to be home, we will call summer vacay 2021 a success. Bring on the rest of summer, I'm ready! 














No comments:

Post a Comment