Thursday, January 7, 2021

Because I'm the mom, that's why!

 It can be hard to work on your goals on your own. This can hinder my progress because I want to be doing what the rest of the family is doing. If they are all in the living room kinda watching TV/kinda watching YouTube, I do the same thing. 

I seem to have forgotten something important. I'm the mom, I can make my family do things....so,  now all of us have a reading goal! #Goalhack 

I told the boys they are going to read one book a month, and we are going to have a short reading time every day. Four days in and we have kept to it! My goal is 20 books this year, but I have more weeks to read, since they probably won't do this at dad's house. 

After dinner we settle in with our books for 22 minutes. Sometimes we have ice cream other times we just get to reading. Daryl is reading a book that is too easy for him, but I broke it to him yesterday that he will just have to start another book when he finishes his. He tried to work the system but mom knows the kind of books he can read. Alex is finally reading a book that he got early in the school year. He is enjoying it! 

You guys, if you have a goal you are struggling with, make other people do it with you! Spread the word! 

Left to Right is Daryl's book, my book and Alex's book

The focus is extreme! 


No comments:

Post a Comment