Sunday, January 3, 2021

2021 Goals, Getting Stronger

 I did so well with my 2020 goals that I've been thinking about 2021 for months. While 2020 had plenty of challenges I ended up with a lot of time on my hands. That is why it is so important for me to have my yearly goals, I didn't waste the extra time that was given to me. I had things to work towards and it was a boost to my mood the closer I got to completing my goals. I feel my best when I'm focused and improving myself. I want to keep that going! 

I maintain that resolutions are about changing yourself while goal are about bettering yourself. Goals also should come with an action plan if you want to actually achieve them. I'll get on my soapbox that get on every January, drop the resolutions, set some attainable but challenging goals, and track your progress! 

So as I look at how far I've come in 2020 I'm now looking forward to what I want out of 2021. 

Starting in August I made weights an important part of my fitness routine. Before I would go once a week and miss every once in awhile. Well, with no night meetings or being out of town for work I made getting to the gym three times a week a priority. And I see a difference. I'm running faster and I'm stronger than I was in August. I'm hooked and my goal theme of 2021 is to get even stronger! 

First I want to be mentally stronger so I'm upping the book goal to 20! Yikes! I know the amount of time I spend watching Netflix so this is doable. Especially since The Office is not longer available....

Next I want to be a stronger runner. So I'm upping my yearly mileage goal to 800. I should be able to get there if I make my monthly mileage goal 65. Then I will have some longer months when I'm running races. My race goal is 4 halves in 2021. Yay! 

I'm changing house goals to money goals. Because I have some things that will cost extra funds that don't have to do with the house. So I have 6 money goals that will make me financially stronger: 

  • Pay Off my Car
  • Replace my Car's Windshield
  • New Fridge
  • Fix Stairs
  • Install a shower in hall bathroom and fix my sink in my bathroom
  • Add $2,000 to savings 
  • Replace some windows
I need to get creatively stronger too. So I want to knit four things this year. And one can't be a hat! LOL! 

Ok friends, these are my goals and I will update monthly to keep myself accountable. Feel free to share your goals and I can cheer for you too! 

I don't really have any good photos for this post. 
So here is Purl tucked in a blanket. 

Giving myself a little head start, should have a knitted thing soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment