Monday, October 12, 2020

Yes, I will take your last tree.

 This weekend was beautiful and I got some things done! Not everything I wanted to get done, but enough. Alex had not one but two soccer games on Saturday and they won both! Yay! The second game of the day and the fifth game of the season it seemed like something clicked for Al. He stopped looking scared when the ball was close to him and started getting in the middle of the scrum! He was making big kicks and actually passing the ball. He still has a lot to learn but him not being afraid of getting kicked is a big step forward! 

Before soccer games I completed a nine mile run then I was on the hunt for two Chinese Fringetrees for my yard. They are beautiful trees and thanks to all of the help I got from Ariel, my local Horticulture Extension Agent I am confident I can get them to grow. (She has already reminded me today to mulch and water!) ((Donut mulch not volcano!)) 

I went to one nursery and their Chinese Fringetrees were tiny. They only grow 10" a year, so I passed on the itty bitty ones. I went to the only other nursery that might have them and they had one. It was leftover from 2019 and currently doesn't have leaves. But I was assured that it is alive and it should be ok. I thought about it for probably too long before I said I would take it! 

I wanted two trees, but I only got one. Maybe that was the world saying I can only take care of one tree? Daryl helped me dig the hole and is going to be on water duty for these first few weeks. Please don't die tree, you are the only one like you in Topeka! 

On Sunday the boys and I took family pictures. I can't wait to see how they turn out with our amazing fall backdrop. Our wonderful photographer told the boys if they did good for the pictures they could go say hi to her mom's horses and donkey. That motivation made for their best session ever! Thanks Shelbi! 


I hope this tree loves being in the ground and gets to be 20 feet tall!

It had become quite friendly with its pot. I had to cut the pot off of it! 

Our prize for smiling nice in the pictures. I got to feed the animals too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment