Saturday, June 30, 2018

I Almost Forgot, Daryl went to Camp!

Before I left for Colorado, Daryl and I went to Rock Springs 4-H Camp! I didn't know what the code of conduct was for this year. Last year I wasn't to talk to him, or look in his direction. He didn't want anyone to know his mom was at camp.

I go to camp the day before campers and spend time training the counselors. So when buses arrived the next day I had already planned to give Daryl a wide berth. If he wanted the "get away from Mom and Dad," camp experience, I was going to try and give it to him.

When I passed his group walking to the pool I looked away. I don't know what caused his change of heart but he yelled at me, "MOOOM aren't you going to say HI!" So I did and I gave him a high five. I heard him tell everyone that I was one of the people, "running camp." :-) A day later anytime I passed his group they would all yell, "Hi Mom!" That made me smile and really made my camp that much better this year.

Next year BOTH BOYS will go to camp! Alex was telling anyone who would listen when they were dropping Daryl off at the bus to camp, "I'm going to camp Next Year!" I'm looking forward to Oz-Some 4-H camp 2019, I hope they are ready for the entire manor. (Well, we won't take purl.)

KP with his friend Shaina!


He wore his counselors hat because he didn't have one, so I made sure to
show him the one I packed in his bag when we got home!


He wanted to be seen with mom this year!

RIP Purple Chucks. First day of camp my five year old shoes gave out. 

On Friday he got a new bike, because Alex took over his old bike.
He is pretty happy with the deal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment