Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Poor Turkey

Hello All! Long time, no blog. Honestly, the boys have not been giving me a lot of good blog material lately, slackers! I am knitting a hat, and I'll show that off soon. Other than that I just finished a busy time with work, and I'm looking forward to the Holidays fun.

One of those fun school projects I kind of forgot about was, "disguise the turkey" homework! This is the assignment where kids get a paper turkey and they have to dress him up so he doesn't end up Thanksgiving dinner.

When Daryl had this assignment I got a little too involved and made a sweater for his turkey. We did it together, and I did more of the work than he did. For many reasons I decided to let Alex do his turkey by himself. The first reason is I had 100 other things to do, the second reason is Alex loves to draw and color, and really doesn't want my help anyway.

I went over ideas with him. "Alex, we could use one of your school pictures and dress him like you!."
Alex said, "No."
Daryl suggested, "You could get leaves from outside and make him a tree."
Alex said, "No."
We put this off to the very last evening so when Alex said he wanted to make him a pizza I said great! Here are your crayons, get busy!
Only this morning when he was putting the finishing touches on his Turkey Daryl had a thought, "If you don't want the Turkey to be eaten why did you make it a pizza?"

Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that. Thankfully, Alex is stubborn and he had finished his Turkey pizza and he was proud of it. We shall see what the teacher says today! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

He is a pizza, and Alex did it all by himself!


No comments:

Post a Comment