Thursday, March 26, 2015

Breaking Out for Spring Break!

Last week was Daryl's first spring break. We were happy to be able to visit my brother and sister-in-law's family in South Dakota. They moved there last summer and we had yet to make the trip. It was a great time of relaxing, discovering a new town and enjoying family.

The boys got to have a practice Easter Egg hunt! They will be ready for the Easter Bunny and the real deal!
We were so happy that Grandma Rosie was able to meet us there. After having her all to ourselves for a month the boys were really missing her. They were spoiled rotten by having a grandparent in the house. Honestly, it was pretty nice for Kelly and I too!
Mr. 4-H got to come to South Dakota with us. We were afraid he would die if we didn't give him a little water every day. While he was there his hair went crazy! Daryl finally go to give him a hair cut which is what he was most excited about since making him.
He already wants to make another one.
Mr. 4-H looks good with a buzz cut. On the way home he fell out of the car and broke his pot. Daryl was weirdly OK with this because he already got to do the hair cut.
I couldn't go on vacation without taking my knitting. I got the body of my Olive sweater completed! I started this sweater in August so we are taking a break before I tackle the sleeves. I'm going to work on some Christmas stockings with some nice big worsted weight yarn! Lace weight yarn is starting to drive me crazy!


1 comment: