Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Happy 94th Birthday Grandma!

Last Sunday we braved the wind and the snow for a very special birthday party. Grandma Hazel is celebrating her 94th birthday! We had some sandwiches and birthday cake with her and we got to see her new apartment. It was a very cool party. I did have a little problem with Daryl not listening. He gets around his cousins and Aunts and Uncles and goes bananas. Normally, I can settle him down, but I had a cold and he eventually got to me. I hugged Grandma goodbye but I think that was about it as I hurried to get him into the car. So I needed a few "cute" Daryl stories, maybe you need some too!
Grandma with 8 of her 10 Great Grand kids. Missing our Colorado girls!


On the 29th for Kansas Day, Daryl and his class went on a field trip to the Kansas History Museum. It is a day they open up the museum to all school kids to learn about the state. Kelly went with Daryl and I'm so glad because he brought back this gem.

Four boys come up to a demonstration of ladies spinning on drop spindles.
One Lady:Hi Boys, do you know what this is? (Holding up her spinning)
Daryl: It's fiber.
Lady: I'm impressed, your smart!
Too bad he didn't give me credit for him know all about spinning. :-)

Later when he got home:
Daryl: Guess what I saw at the Museum.
Me:What?
Daryl: A Pee Pee
Me: What?!
Kelly: He saw a Tee  Pee at the Museum.
.
Then my favorite story Saturday morning when Kelly and I talking about our first year with Daryl.
Me:We are lucky we stayed married.
Kelly: We, are we had a lot of stuff going on that year.
Daryl: It's like a fairy tale when the football player married the 4-H player.
Me: Awww I like that.

Finally, here is my latest spin. 8 ounces of some fiber I dyed at Yarn School almost three years ago! It is all washed and ready to be knit. Into what, I'm not sure. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment