Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Knitting Black Hole

The good news is mom is at home (our home) and getting along a lot better. She had knee replacement surgery on January 9th and that first week was a little rough. More for her than me!

The bad news is I took three knitting project with me to stay with her in the hospital and in four days I only finished one. I blame my Olive blouse. It has hit the point where I need to knit straight for THIRTEEN inches. In regular yarn this is a long time, in lace weight yarn I could be dead before I hit thirteen inches. I knit on it constantly for three days and I got a grand total of three inches. :-( I've now been knitting on it on and off for five more days and I just hit four inches! :-|


OK, more good news. I have been getting in a decent amount of runs in again (after the holiday craziness) and I'm feeling good. Hoping to do a six mile run this weekend. I did the math and last year I ran 621 miles. So my running goal for this year is 720 miles. So far I'm doing good! I won't call is a New Year's resolution because no one keeps those. This is my 2015 goal.
Other goals are to knit three sweaters for me (I need to work down some of my yarn stash).
Last goal is to read 12 books this year (at least 6 non fiction)

I would revisit last year's goals but I didn't really do many of them so why bother. This is a new year!!  2015 is going to be GREAT! The first 14 days have been great already!
BED HEAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment